How can you implement culture into everyday living?
These tips can be implemented whether you homeschool or not. I simply believe learning starts at home. Your child can get what they need as long as parents or caregivers supplement the messages they receive.
- Understand the Learner: Investigate the 4 basic learning styles.
- Introduce History Chronologically and Accurately
- Field Trips: Libraries, Museums, Plays, and Festivals
- Classes & Programs: Connect with Community Leaders
- Real Time Learning Experiences
How do you advocate for your children if they go to school?
- Investigate their Teacher
- Connect and Get in Touch with their Teacher, PTA, and/or School Board
- Set Expectations with your Student and their Teacher
- Get Involved in Parent Groups, Volunteer, Be Supportive
- Show Up to the School and be a Great Teammate!
- Contact State Officials to Suggest Multicultural Books be included in the Curriculum.